Health Product Review- Cold Virus,Cough,Congestion, and Getting Healthy

"One advantage in keeping a diary is that you become aware with reassuring clarity of the changes which you constantly suffer."

 I am sick again.
 I have suffered with some upper respiratory virus every month since December. I am not a sick person usually.  I eat well, exercise, and as  nurse I know when I am sick, or just....tired.

 Have you been suffering as well? Has the season and mercury retrograde left you physically and mentally drained?

In this verbal meandering, I will discuss my struggle with this upper respiratory infection, the things I couldn't live without and the things I wasted my time on. 

 Saturday, May 30, we had a large barbecue. By the evening, my throat was sore, and I felt miserable. I assumed it was all the activity, time outside, and drinking......*Sigh*




Apparently shots are not the way to go.


Anyways, much to my chagrin, I wasn't better after a good night sleep and a ton of water.  Malaise, and a general feeling of "under the weather". By Sunday evening, I had a fever, and could not get warm enough. 

This was not allergies. 



Damnit. 
  I began the regimen. I drank ALL THE WATER. Literally 4 large Nalgene bottles, 

And a fifth with this recovery for vitamins.


I took 2 days off work. Used my trusty Neti pot every 4 hours ( I could't sleep anyways, I was drowning in mucous). This beast was so helpful.

 With my electric teapot, I could keep water boiled, and sterile, and at the perfect temperature.
( OMG it comes in red too!)
With the electric teapot, I could clean out my nasal passages and makes come nice tea to help get the crud out of my throat.( I told you I was miserable, this shit is tenacious!)


By Thursday, I thought I was over it. 


Friday, I felt cruddy again. Tired, unmotivated, and I was still doing the same regimen. The Neti pot was down to just in the AM and PM, I could sleep with the help of Meletonin, 

 I could sleep for a few hours, get up, clean myself out, and go back to bed.

I began taking sudafed daily, in the morning
 Now, as a nurse, I know the combination products do not work as well  for me. This is straight Sudafed, no tylenol. 

 I also took mucinex to help break up the gunk, but only in the morning when I was awake to cough it up and get it out. No point in taking mucinex and not coughing. 
  I learned today that the website 

Has a map that is tracking cold and  Flu season. How helpful!

As the symptoms lingered, I started to support my body with supplement and whole food. 

My quick internet research showed me, Ginseng is helpful to the immune system, and Thorne research has supplements without fillers.

 I got this

And began to take it Friday evening. Started drinking honey,lemon,cinnamon, ginger tea, and by Sunday, I felt like I was over the hump, and today (MONDAY)
I am much better. 
I am also taking Vitamin D , drinking smoothies with Kale and whole food ( no dairy or processed food), and I made stock from vegetables and beef bones. 

In my absolute frustration I started listening to this, but I am not sure if it helped.

 I feel human again! 

 So, it has been a battle, and my husband still is fighting it.
 I highly recommend the 
-Neti Pot
-Electric Kettle
-Sudafed
-Phytisone
and Meletonin.

 OH !!! And these are worth their weight in GOLD

Happy Healing reader, and I hope you feel better soon!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday January 25.2024

Clairol Natural Instincts (Rosewood) And Nail color for Fall