Fuck weight loss, drown yourself in water and vegatables

Intro: I recently signed up for a Weight loss program called OMADA. I don’t know about you, but gained some weight over the pandemic. Stressed? Eat. Bored? Eat. Worried ? Eat. This was my response to life. My goal is to lose *looks up goal on body-space.com- clenches jaw-heavy sigh*

39 lbs.

Yikes. I mean, that's my “Shoot for the moon”. I can do this. I mean, I like I challenge. Right?

So here we go.

Omada was offered through my insurance and it is really no stress, slow and easy, habit shifter. With a coach!
I have been in it for 3 weeks and I weight myself everyday. I have let go of the judgement, because it doesn’t help. Turns out I have some pretty good habits and then self sabotage on the 4-5th day. It appears I struggle with balance.

Here are the things I am learning on the journey.

1. Shifting Language=Shifting thoughts
2. Drink more water?
3. Don’t restrict, just push out all food with veg.

So here we go.


1. Shifting language: I’m not losing weight. That makes my psyche pucker. There is psychology in language and the mind doesn’t not like the idea of losing anything.(https://onlinemlmcommunity.com/fear-of-loss-is-the-best-motivator/) I am  releasing fat. ( Intentional) I am healthier everyday in every way ( affirmation) I am nourishing the body I live in. ( Active)It isn’t losing weight. ( Stop saying that, it freaks your mind out)


2. Drink more water: I am not a fan of restrictive dieting, I have a fear of being hungry and a compulsive hand to mouth habit. So, I don’t restrict. ( Sometimes I fall into it, but I am working on shifting away from garbage diet culture)I just start bringing small goals into my life. I have a 2Liter bottle of water at my desk. My goal is easy. Half before noon. Half by 5pm. DONE. I have a fun sticker on the bottle to help me see how far I have come. Its a fun little game. If I don’t drink it all by 5, I have to finish it the next day AND THEN FILL IT UP AGAIN. So It really motivates me to not get behind. ;)Life is fun. Embrace it.



3. I am not a huge fan of veg. Scratch that. I WASN’T a huge fan of veg. Come to find out, you crave what you are used to. I ate a lot of not veg, so I never craved or enjoyed it. In small , baby steps, I introduce more vegetables in my life. I have huge bag of frozen Normandy blend from Cost-co, that I would toss a hand full on a plate and microwave, ( cooking is a barrier for me- too overwhelming) and I would eat it with my breakfast burrito (which I enjoyed) . Slowly but surely, I began to LIKE the vegetables.Now, its half a plate of veg, and I barely ever hungry. Small steps. You have to get your mind used to it. Next, gradually increase the portion sizes of vegetables you like, until you are eating more and more .


I have lost 4 lbs. Its been 3 weeks. On the days I focus on restriction, I lose I and binge on rice and beans. So, I am coming back to the simple plan. No restrictions. Not loss, just growth. Building a healthy, happy body.



Thanks for reading, cheers and good luck on getting what you want in life, because you are worth it and you are love, loved, and lovable.  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday January 25.2024