40 days of Ganesha 11-20

 Day 11 /Feb 12: My day off, and a lot of snow in our area. I Worked out ( because its a habit now;)) and have plans to write! How exciting! Also, my interest is again piqued on Randonauting. 

Also, I think I am almost at a full pull up.  


Day 12/Feb 13: Buckle up bitches. I lost a lb. Also doing more research into organic/chemical free protein powders.

I gotta say, there are far and few between in supplemets I trust, and I do a lot of research into what I consume. 

TopSpots:

Protein: Unico Nutrition PumpkinSpice Latte 

 The product blends so well, and I had no idea how spoiled I was until I tried a different product which was super chalky. 

But I have been contemplating creatine.........






But if I take it, what kind? 

How often?

If I quit, will I lose muscle mass?

Now I love Thorne supplements. They are legit in my mind, and were recommended by a fellow nurse.  

But I am already taking amino acids, by Unico when I work out. ( ANd they really help muscle soreness when I do. )

So question 1. What type of Creatine should I take? Lets ask Reddit r/supplements, R/Gainit. 

R/supplements asked a really good question: Whats your goal, strength or muscle? And here ia was thinking the two were essentially the same. I want to be strong. 

 

I don't want to do loading. That sounds like work. 

Lets ask science. 

Which essentially says, it didn't do a difference . But lets also take into consideration, I am a woman, and I am trying to cut and get stronger. Googled:types of creatine best for women 

Two hits in particular caught my eye

1. https://athleticmuscle.net/best-creatine-for-women/

This article only touts creatine monohydrate. And never mentions hcl.😕

2.https://takecareof.com/articles/creatine-for-women

This one at least mentions that mono hydrate is more studied.....and why they use it. ( And I can buy it in nice little packets! Hooray convenience, boo waste. 

Ok- lets ask  some rando:https://www.idealfit.com/blog/creatine-for-women/

This article enthusiastically tells me I should take it. ( Not a fan of should, but I like they support their reasoning) 


And finally some research into the personalized program Gainful


 

 

Woah. Ok, that took a few minutes. I had to take a quiz and stuff. 


 

AND.....I forgot my password. And it isn't sending. So I started a new account. 

OK! As soon as I tried to log in with another email it gave my password reset. MY GOODNESS.

Ok. Gainful: Personalized nutrition with the help of unlimited access to a dietician( not a nutritionist)


Source

 

AND AFTER ALL THAT NONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS HAVE CREATINE IN THEM. 


 AND gainful has recommendations, WITH that fancy creatine side supplement, but no dietician. 


All that work. 

So , Creatine monhydrate is cheaper than HCL. But doesn't absorb as well?

Do I have to do loading with monohydrate? and Will I lose bulk if I quit?

Lets ask The NIH.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3407788/ 

Only included monohydrate, but says +++ would do again ( with loading phases)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5469049/

Says CREATINE GOOD.

Alright. I am saturated with info. It looks like creatine good. And given the ONE place I see creatine HCL available is in a supplement that is both sold out, and full of caffeine ( which I do not need more of) 

 I will drop it. Creatine Monohydrate it is, but do I have to load it?

Per https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5469049/

"The quickest method of increasing muscle creatine stores may be to consume ~0.3 g/kg/day of creatine monohydrate for 5–7-days followed by 3–5 g/day thereafter to maintain elevated stores. Initially, ingesting smaller amounts of creatine monohydrate (e.g., 3–5 g/day) will increase muscle creatine stores over a 3–4 week period, however, the initial performance effects of this method of supplementation are less supported."

That sounds like work

How about creatine calculator online

1.https://fitnessvolt.com/creatine-calculator/ 

SAYS:

Recommended Creatine Intake:

Your daily dose for the loading phase is: 21 grams per day

The ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition) suggests 5 grams of creatine monohydrate four times daily for 5–7 days is the most effective way to increase your muscle creatine levels (1).

Your daily dose for the maintenance phase is: 5 grams per day

After the loading phase once your muscles are completely saturated, a lower dose can maintain high levels of creatine.

 

2.https://pikefitness.com/resources/calculators/creatine-supplement-dose-calculator/

Very nice:


Do I lose the muscle I have gained when I stop taking it?

 https://www.quora.com/When-you-quit-using-creatine-do-you-lose-a-lot-of-strength-and-muscle

From my quick glance: Not really. 

-----------------------------------

Day 15/Tue Feb 16: Its been a busy few days.  

Last Thursday I was so tanked from poor sleep, and working out, I felt absolutely miserable. Tool the day off, Had a hot bath, and slept. SLEPT.

Friday: Friday, Snow. Lots of it. We went walking, and I rolled my ankle. This was after a long,hard day of playing video games. And weight lifting.

Saturday: Found this woman on youtube: 



Which, she also has a fitness channel that is my new bread and butter. 


 

 And I gotta say. I have a bit of a crush, and she is brilliant in all ways. I t reminds me how I want to make music a bigger part of my life. 


On the fitness side: I started 5mg of Creatine a day and I eat every 3 hours now. 

https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/3-hour-diet

And its been one whole day, BUT THIS IS MY JAM! 

> And here is why: I have hunger anxiety (long story short/ childhood stuff) , and eating every 3 hours relieves that anxiety. ABSOLUTELY. I have set boundaries around what is and isn't acceptable for me, around food. IE: "I'm training, I eat every 3 hours"( I guess I will Goggins this shit, and be unapologetic about my needs.



And here is my progress:

13Sat153.1+1.3
14 Sun 153.4 +2.1
15 Mon 153.7 +3.1
16 Tue 153.8 +1.3
17Wed154.1+1.9

 

 Thanks Hackers diet online!


So, as you can see, I gained some weight and some water weight but when I started eating every 3 hours, I dropped weight. 

Wed Day 16/Feb 17: What a ride. I gained a lb, (see above) but lots likew8% body fat? Maybe the salt from the popcorn I ate last night. No idea. I checked it 3x. We will see if this sticks. 

Big day today. Lifting, and I am still a bit sore from yesterdays boxing. HRV 142.I'm into that now. Min maxing my body. 

I lift Mon,Wed,Fri, and work on endurance on rest days (boxing and walking- or whatever else tickles my fancy)


------------

Day 23/Feb 22

Well, 

I did it.I did a pull up. Its messy, but I can do the 1. 

 

And my weight:



 Have I found a perfect solution?

 No idea, but this is more progress than I have had in the last year. 

 

 

 

 

SOURCES

----------------------------


Creatine supplementation with specific view to exercise/sports performance: An update. (n.d.). PubMed Central (PMC). Retrieved February 13, 2021, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3407788/


APA 7
Feb. 13

International society of sports nutrition position stand: Safety and efficacy of creatine supplementation in exercise, sport, and medicine. (n.d.). PubMed Central (PMC). Retrieved February 13, 2021, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5469049/


APA 7
Feb. 13

 

 

 

 

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday January 25.2024

Clairol Natural Instincts (Rosewood) And Nail color for Fall