2020 and my journey of Radical self acceptance

As you may very well know,2019 was excruciatingly challenging. Today,the first day of 2020, I walk around the house,listless and curious about it. 
I found my research and focus heading towards self acceptance vs. Self.discipline and ultimately how the two concepts bashed their heads against each other in my mind.
I'm a driven person. I want to do everything,and I always have 3-4 goals I work on at all times of the day. 
Ultimately,I find myself struggling to get organized. Struggling to understand my incessant need to create and recreate lists,goals,plans and focus on, what is really important to me.
I stumbled upon these 2 articles 

https://www.mindcoolness.com/blog/solving-the-problem-of-acceptance/

This one comes to the exact question I have had these last 2 years,

https://www.mindcoolness.com/blog/alan-watts-discipline/

This one speaks to the difference between self discipline and self acceptance.

Although the articles helped hone my question, the concept itself is still a jumbled mess for me. 

My plan; (because I always have a plan) 
 Focus on self acceptance. 

Really lean into whatever this concept actually is. A perfect image of self discipline.vs. self acceptance. I love my coffee, and I need to drink more water......
If this interests you, you are welcome to stay with me on this journey .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday January 25.2024

Clairol Natural Instincts (Rosewood) And Nail color for Fall